YEP Crew peer recruitment!
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
YEP Crew peer recruitment!
Are you aged 16 – 25 and interested in becoming a member of YEP Crew?
Please read on for all the info you need to know about how to get involved!
Okay, first things first. Who are we?
YEP Crew was founded in April 2010. We’re a small (but awesome) group who are passionate about ensuring that other young people receive the information they need to be able to make safer and informed decisions in regards to their sexual health and relationships. We want to help other young people get the skills and knowledge they need to lead happy, healthy sexual lives. It’s best to check out our Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/yepcrew to get more of an idea of who we are and what we do, as this document is just the entrée.
We’ve run stalls and activities at a number of events, including the Hyper festival in Midland & Freakfest in Kwinana. We’ve visited schools & universities to do outreach with students, and given away more condoms then we thought was humanly possible. We’ve designed our own resources – posters, videos, stickers, zine – which have been super successful (if we do say so ourselves). We’ve facilitated an online sex & relationships forum in partnership with ReachOut, and we write blogs for our friends over at Tune In Not Out (TINO: http://www.tuneinnotout.com/) on a whole range of topics. We also run our Facebook page with info, referrals, videos and other quirky sexual health facts.
We are currently looking to recruit people with skills in the following areas:
• Graphic design guru
• Video creation & arts experience – creative people of sorts!
• Mad rad writing skills – blogs, Facebook material
• Outreach skills – are you good at engagement, running games and remaining ‘unshockable’ when talking to young people about sexual health issues?
• Marketing & promotion
• Events management
What being a peer educator means:
• Being passionate about making a difference in the area of sexual health & relationships education with young people!
• YEP Crew monthly meetings for 2 hours in the Northbridge area to determine activities & strategies for the group – both online & outreach based
• Assisting in managing the Facebook page weekly – writing content & posting updates
• Assisting in writing monthly blog content for TINO
• Working creatively to help design resources for young people around sexual health & relationships
• Volunteer experience for YACWA – peak body representing young people & youth sector interests to government
• Volunteering at outreach events – this means providing sexual health & relationships info to other young people through a variety of games & other creative means, eating lollies and distributing condoms like your life depends on it!
• Opportunities to network with people in the health, youth and community sector
Does this sound like the kind of thing you want to be involved in?
The next step is to fill out an Expression of Interest (EOI) form and email, mail or fax it to us. You can get an EOI form by emailing Olivia (email@example.com) or alternatively it is attached to this forum post!
We’ll be holding an info session/first meeting of 2012 in the evening of 17th January, from 6:30 – 8:30pm, so keep it free!
If you have any questions or want more information, feel free to call Olivia at YACWA on 9227 5440, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that our office is closed for the Christmas break between Friday 23rd December 2011 – Tuesday 3rd January 2012.)
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)