Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Asexual awakening
05-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Asexual awakening
The Age
May 9, 2012

From the covers of glossy magazines with their promises of better orgasms to the cocktail-drenched bedroom antics of Sex and the City and its more realistic successor, Girls, women are conditioned to constantly think about sex: Are you getting enough? Too much? The right kind? With the right partner?

This culture of sexual liberation is, of course, vastly preferable to generations past or the restrictive climate that exists in other parts of the world, but what if upon your sexual awakening you find that you want to hit the snooze button?

Welcome to the world of the asexual.

While their teenage counterparts were getting giddy about boys or girls and obsessing over good-looking celebrities, many asexuals were left wondering what the big deal was. Such was the case for Mary Kame Ginoza, a member of the Asexual Visibility and Education Network project team.

"I never really understood people's thought processes when they talked about crushes and hot guys – I thought it was all for attention," she said. "Even so, I always thought that eventually puberty would do its work and I'd suddenly start being interested in boys. I mean, I still had several friends who weren't interested in dating or anything, maybe we were all just late bloomers. But as time passed, most of the so-called late bloomers, well, bloomed. And I didn't."

Click here to read full story
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2012 04:55 PM by murraym.)
RE: Asexual awakening
This is really a nice story .Teenegers specially involve in it thank you so much for sharing...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply